Sunday, January 25, 2009

Stanton on Carter

Andrew Stanton, director of last years Wall-E is working hard on the John Carter of Mars adaptation for Disney, and I am sincerely hoping he really gets the film made. Yeah it would've been cool if Favreau had been behind the helm, but I have a really good feeling about Stanton. The Pixar team and Disney now, would never have put so much faith in him if he wasn't the right man for the job. Recently he did a quick interview with SciFi Wire that you can check out here.

Since the movie has been tossed around in development hell literally since 1931 it will be nothing short of a small miracle to see it finally get made, but I know I am really looking forward to seeing what the Disney kids can pull together. Big news for me, Stanton confirmed that the film will be live action saying "...there are so many creatures and characters that half of it's going to be CG whether you want it to be [or not], just to realize some of these images that are in the book. But it will feel real. The whole thing will feel very, very believable."

Stanton is "deep into it now" on his second draft of the script, working on pre-production, working on the art direction, and starting to even talk about actors. All great news in my books. The film is slated for a release sometime in 2012 and I for one, can't wait.

I'll defintiely be keeping my eye on this one as it develops.
-

No comments: