Friday, June 29, 2007

Rorschach arrives...

I know that a lot of you out there aren't familiar with The Watchmen graphic novel. But let me just say that it is one of, if not the most fascinating comic book I've ever read. Oh I might enjoy re-reading Give Me Liberty, or Batman The Long Halloween more especially on a regular basis, but Watchmen is just utterly fascinating storytelling. It grabs you and simply will not let you go. If you are interested in reading a great dark thriller, are intrigued by more adult serious comics, and want to see the first and still best story of superhero deconstruction, I urge you to check out this book more than any other comic. And you might want to do it before the film version comes out. :)

For those in the know...
Rorschach is online.
What this site is, or will become, I have no idea.
I just saw this post from AICN and followed.



The site is basically empty for now, except for that pic. which links to the email address: rorschach@rorschachsjournal.com
BUT if you go to the page and highlight the space below the pic, you'll find some Morse code hidden invisotext style. Copy it into any of the many online Morse code descramblers and you find the message:
"Thanks for emails. will reply soon. the veidt method is a lie"
That said even knowing who Adrian Veidt, aka Ozymandias is... and knowing his significant role in Watchmen mythos, I'm not sure I understand it. Oh I'm intrigued all right, just not sure I actually get it.

Maybe viral marketing is getting a bit too complicated these days. Or maybe I'm just missing something... Ah well, I suppose I don't technically even know that this is an official Watchmen film site, but I suspect it probably is. And I'm definitely interested to see what becomes of the film which is being helmed by 300 director Zack Snyder. Of course its still in the hazy land of pre-production. But mark my words it will be buzzed about huge online once it finally starts to come together... that is of course assuming it really does.

For now the film is targeted to begin filming in Vancouver this September.

-

No comments: