Friday, December 14, 2007

Clash of the Titans returns

Well this news does not exactly fill me with instant glee. According to Variety, director Stephen Norrington, is set to helm the remake of Clash of the Titans; another great classic of yesteryear.

Norrington if you'll recall was the man behind the fairly awful League of Extraordinary Gentlemen film. Since then he has not gone back to directing. That's the part of the news that worries me. But before we all start jumping on the poor guy; let's remember that once upon a time he also directed an awesome little comic book movie called Blade. And some more really good news, Lawrence Kasdan has done the rewrite on the Titans script. And he has a very solid track record.

Production is scheduled to begin sometime in '08. When exactly is anyone's guess, but as with Metropolis, I'm going to try to keep an open mind though this process. I mean honestly, you never really know what they'll put together for us. Bad or good, I know I am at least interested enough to see where it goes.
-

No comments: