Saturday, August 12, 2006

Loki and Freya

After two years without a pet, my parents got brand new kittens yesterday. I haven't seen them yet, but I'll stop by their house tomorrow on the way down to a pool party to say hi and meet the kitties. They got two six week old kittens from the same litter a brother and sister. The boy they've decided to call Loki, weights 16oz, and the girl who they've decided to name Freya weighs 10oz. They are both extremely cute, as you can see from the pictures below. My mom says that they are big explorers, and yesterday discovered that they have shadows. Click for bigger pictures. Very exciting :)







In Norse mythology, Loki is the brother of the ever popular Thor, and is known as the Trickster. Freya is also a Norse god, she is the goddess of Fertility, and Abundance.

1 comment:

Walker said...

Geoff,

They are so cute! I'm glad that your family decided to get some new kittens! I looked at your old blog and saw Eric...he was such a neat cat with his hugs and hair chewing. And I really liked Samantha too with the way she'd try to tap us as we'd walk by!