Thursday, August 24, 2006

Yet another Transformers post


Ok, so I officially got over being mopey about my podcast. Shit happens, and I can't let it get to me.

Not too much going on today. Just work, boring as ever. I might have something lining up
for the near future... but you how it goes, if you talk too much about it, then it'll definitely never happen so I'm just going to shut up.

This past week I managed to get my hands on and read the Feb 28th '06 script for the new Transformers film! It's been floating around a bit, although I don't
think I know where to find it anymore I've seen a couple sites posting reviews or talkbacks on the script. I'm definitely not here to give any spoilers for you. haha, ok, well maybe there are a few spoilers about things on my site, but I'm not going to give any major script spoilers :) Besides the script has probably changed a bit since the draft I read. From other things I've seen online I don't know that its too far off, but I'm sure there are one or two big changes from what I read to what will end up on the big screen in '07.

The only thing I want to say about the script is that it is really really cool. I'm am, as you might have guessed, VERY excited about the Transformers film, and I was sooo glad to see that the spirit of the bots more than survives onto the page in this updated version. There are a few distinct changes including
Optimus and Megatron being brothers... and a almost "targetmaster-like" relationship between some of the various bots but overall it totally retains the spirit if not the letter of the G1 cartoon. I totally think that if this movie got made as it sat on the page back in February it would be a very cool film, hopefully they've been able to tighten things up a bit more since that draft too. If anything I just want more. More transforming action, more fights, and more character development time for the transformers, especially the Decepticons (Starscream). I will forgive them if the film is 2 hours long. Seriously. I just want them to make it bad ass. Which it really could be...

That said, a few TF pics of Megs leaked onto the net today. Check this out...



Also check Meg 01 and, Meg 02

Weird eh? I'm not sure about it. In my mind it seemed different. I knew it wouldn't be like classic TF, which is fine by me, but this is very... alien maybe. Anyhow, I'm reserving judgment until we see some more.

In a final bit of Trans-news I'm stoked that the 20th anniversary special edition of the 1984 Transformers film is finally coming out. And guess what? The cover is going to be Lenticular. Basically my theory goes that any and everything become automatically cool when it gets the lenticular treatment. Below are the two versions of the cover. Very nice...

-

The dvd hits shelves 11/07/06. You can pre-order it from DVD Empire for a mere $15.59 HERE. And HERE's an article from IGN on the disc with some info on the extras.

I'd better head out now. Gotta go run, now that I'm feeling a bit less sick. Later.

No comments: