Wednesday, January 03, 2007

ATHF coming to theaters!

I truly love the Aqua Teen Hunger Force. They are just all around super-cool badical, and the awesome, cult-hit, animated show on Comedy Centrals Adult Swim programming block is pure gold. Hilarity incarnate. The show is weird, no doubt, but it has consistently has made me laugh since it started in 2001. I own the dvds, I watch it whenever I can, and although at first glance I understand how some might see the show as nothing more than weird captivation for the couch after you stumble home highly lubricated from the bar, it is really so much more.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you're missing out. Aqua Teen Hunger Force is a very strange little adult cartoon that airs on Comedy Central. It revolves around three roommates who live in the slums of New Jersey and have strange adventures (of sorts). Mostly they just sit around and bicker, but man is that bickering funny. The characters are the key to the show. Master Shake, Frylock, and Meatwad are... well, maybe you should go watch some episodes for yourself. I don't think any explanation I could give will really be able to capture it.

Sure the comedy's probably not for everyone. But I really love it. And so I thought it was great to hear that "The Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters " is going to be hitting the big screen this March. The film will be an "action-adventure epic that reveals the mysterious origins of Meatwad, Frylock and Master Shake. When an immortal piece of exercise equipment threatens the balance of galactic peace, it is up to the Aqua Teen Hunger Force to run away from it. Peril escalates when the Plutonians team up with the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past to strive for ultimate control of the sinister deadly device."

Pretty weird, eh? Anyhow, I know I'm excited. Should be fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that's frickin sweet. i love meatwad. i mean who can resist a talking ball of ground meat.

"just take the meat bridge! it's right here!"

Geoff said...

damn right :)