Monday, March 26, 2007

Day Watch trailer

While I wasn't blogging at the time when I saw the very fun Russian dark fantasy film Night Watch (Nochnoy Dozor), I did talk about it a long time ago on my podcast (On Hold...ep003). I really enjoyed the film quite a lot for what it was, and now that I see the sequel is finally hitting the Western shores I'm even more happy. Day Watch (Dnevnoi Dozor) is the second part of the four part series based on some extremely popular fantasy books. I know many of you won't have seen Night Watch but, just look at this new trailer for the sequel and tell me you aren't intrigued. Sure the effects aren't Hollywood blockbuster quality, but I can look past that to an extent, especially since the story is pretty engaging. Click for the nice Apple trailer page with all sorts of formats for your viewing pleasure, or just check it out here...



Note that this is the English language trailer. When I saw Night Watch it was only screeing in Russian with subtitles. I'm not sure which version we'll get stateside this time around. Hopefully both so people can decide for themselves. If you do get a chance though I'd really strongly recommend the subtitled version. Because at least on Night Watch the subtitles are by far the most inventive and entertaining complementary art I've ever seen in the form. Really they have to be seen to believed.

No comments: