Thursday, March 29, 2007

Mario and Sonic together at last

No, not in a gay way.

Nintendo's iconic little plumber Super Mario and Sega's blue speed demon Sonic the Hedgehog are FINALLY teaming up in a game: Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. Being developed by Sega under the supervision of gaming legend and Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto I'm expecting real greatness.

The game is being set for release by Xmas for the Wii and the DS. Frankly I couldn't be more excited. Secondary characters have been revealed as Luigi, Yoshi, Knuckles, and Tails. Ever since the days of the ever so awesome Track & Field for the NES I've enjoyed my way through Olympic themed video games. And now that I will finally be able to rest easy in the clear and final knowledge of who would win at a pole vault competition Mario or Sonic I think my life is complete.

Thank you Nintendo. Thank you Sega.

And of course thank you Bernard for the heads up on this...

No comments: