Monday, September 18, 2006

big budget for an indie film


I had no idea that the new WWI fighter pilot film Flyboys was actually an independently made film. That's a pretty crazy story. Produced by the inscrutible Dean Devlin (ID4, The Triangle), and a bunch of other investors including David Ellison (son of Larry) spent more than $60 million of their own money to get the film made! I mean that's some serious dedication. Apparently the studios wouldn't touch this film, as these kind of pics are notoriously hard to make and never return as big as hoped for (other than possibly for Howard Hughes' Hell's Angels). But After seeing the amazing trailer I really don't see how this film will fail to make money. I mean come on, that's just really damn cool looking. And James Franco is a fantastic actor. I mean he really really should be a humungous star. Check out this lower res version of the trailer from YouTube.


Pretty impressive in my opinion.

No comments: