Thursday, September 21, 2006

Spaceballs the series

Variety reports that MGM has picked up a one hour pilot and 13 half hour episodes to a Spaceballs cartoon show. There have been reports on this in development for the past year or so, directly from the horse's mouth Mel Brooks, but you know how things work usually... Now, it looks like this is for real going to happen. The episodes are being developed with heavy involvement by Brooks, who will also reprise his role as the voice of President Skroob, and Yogurt. The show will appear on the cable network G4 in the Fall of '07.

Taking old cult movies and making cartoons of them... whatever is the world coming to.

I really can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I guess good. I really liked the film, even own the dvd... but a cartoon? I think I'd rather have seen a real sequel. Maybe I'm just being picky, I mean I'm sure it'll be good, assuming that is they can get Rick Moranis to do Dark Helmet again. And really they should be able to, considering he was last seen reprising his role as Bob McKenzie, I mean Rutt, in Brother Bear 2: the moose on the loose... sheesh...

No comments: