Thursday, September 07, 2006

K.I.T.T. and other updates

Conceptual art for the proposed Knight Rider movie...See AICN, and HERE.

This is almost definitely total bullshit. I suspect its just a cylon eye from battlestar galactica photoshopped onto the car, but its still kinda cool looking eh? I can't say I'm super excited to see the KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand) or the show return in updated "tricked out" movie format. I wasn't ever a huge fan of the show. I mean I liked it ok as a kid, and it was definitely better than Airwolf... but it never held a candle to either The Dukes of Hazzard, or especially MacGyver.

But it is a fact that they really are going ahead with a KR Movie. Now don't get me wrong here, I like The Hoff a lot... and yes he is in fact set to star. Word is he asked Orlando Bloom to play his son and didn't get a very positive response. I just know that these updated movies like Dukes, Starksky & Hutch, Miami Vice, etc are really really uneven and I suspect that this one wouldn't fare to well to the updated treatment. Then again, I remember that god awful update from a few years ago called Team Knight Rider... shudder... seriously now that was a travesty.

Here's a list of shows I'd like to see updated:
  • Thundercats - new tv show, and no not the Loonatics approach I read about with the rock band angle. That is just about the worst idea ever. Please stop destroying my childhood.
  • G.I. Joe - live action movie. this could be great, just tone down the cartoonishness of Cobra, and have a cameo by Sgt Slaughter.
  • MacGyver - movie (there already has been some rumblings on this)
  • Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles - if you've seen it you know how good it was. I want a live action ongoing tv series. Space marines kick ass.
  • Tripods - maybe some of you saw the old BBC series, but these books were amazing to me as a kid. Like everything that was great about Battlefield Earth without all the crap. I want a trilogy of films. It could be great. Aim them at teens too, like PG-13.
  • Conan the Barbarian - I want more movies. NO Arnold.
  • Y the Last Man - I'm thinking tv series, same scope as Jeremiah... only its a better story :)
  • Fables - animated tv show. For adults. Maybe like on Showtime.
  • Speed Racer - live action movie. make it super stylized (Ultravioletish), not a comedy but have tons of 70s throwbacks. The key is everyone plays it straight.
What shows or stories would you like to see given a relaunch, update, or big screen adaptation?

No comments: