Monday, December 18, 2006

Day Break cancelled

Man, that pisses me off. So I just read that Day Break was canceled this past Friday. That sucks, especially 'cause this was really just as it was starting to get interesting if you ask me. Day Break was the Groundhog Day meets 24 tv show, I'll assume you've heard of it. But I guess maybe I was one of the only people actually watching though, cause ABC has pulled it, and replaced it with ...what? RERUNS of According to Jim, and The George Lopez Show... what a travesty.

The show followed cop Brett Hopper (Taye Diggs), as he keeps reliving the same day over and over again. Problem is the day is pretty much the worst day of his life. He is being framed for the murder of a district attorney, his family is in jeopardy, and he has no clue why. So everyday he tries to find out more of the puzzle. Solve the crime and then maybe figure out why he is reliving the same day again and again. Is that a high concept show? Is it too sci-fi? Cause it made sense to me. Yes the plot was complex, but not any worse than 24. I thought Diggs brought a great charisma to the screen and the action was top notch. I guess it just didn't cut it according to ABC. The really annoying thing to me though is that, like with Smith, Day Break was cancelled just before it was about to do something interesting. With Smith, 'the big score' was about to go down, and with Day Break he was finally, finally starting to get some real answers. Also there was apparently only a few more episodes left too. They had something like 10 more shows that they needed to tell the entire story. That's just lame. Boo ABC, boo...

Thankfully they will be showing the unaired episodes, on ABC.com. Hopefully they'll have the whole rest of the series, but we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: