Saturday, December 09, 2006

Heroes vs the Terminator

I just read some cool casting news over at ComingSoon.net Apparently they've finally cast the role of John Connor for the new tv show The Sara Connor Chronicles set to come out next season. If you've been reading my blog, or listening to my podcast you'll know that I am really excited to see where they go with this project. So, the fact that they've plucked some casting right out of my favorite new tv show is great. The word is that Thomas Dekker, who plays Zach on Heroes has landed what I can assume must be one of, if not the most coveted roles in Hollywoodland for the upcoming pilot season.

I was just scanning through his guy's rap sheet on IMDB and it's kind of ridiculous, he's 19 years old and has been on an absurd amount of television shows. The picture he's got posted there makes him look super lame. He definitely has shades of a Jonathan Brandis look (hopefully that's all obviously). And while I'll say I would've loved to see Nick Stahl go and do this role, I understand why that doesn't make sense, and I think this is pretty good casting overall. I really like his character on Heroes, and think he could pull off something even more. And at least we know the guys a professional.

Here, let me find a good pic of him... ooh here's his MySpace. I didn't know he was a musician too. hmm, can't get his songs to play... oh well. Anyhow, here's what he looks like


I say cool, what do you guys think?

No comments: