Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Sarah Connor Chronicles

I don't think I mentioned this specifically the last time we talked about The Terminator, but there are some very interesting things afoot for our favorite futuristic robotic killing machine franchise; namely television. That's right, television. Currently Filming is the pilot to The Sarah Connor Chronicles. It will tell the story of Sarah and her son John between the films T2 and T3. Reportedly there will be some lead ins and connections to the proposed upcoming Terminator 4 as well.

This is only at the pilot stage so it might not actually ever hit the airwaves, but I for one would welcome it. They've just announced the casting of Lena Headey as Sarah Connor. I'm not particularly familiar with her, but a fresh face is fine by me. The show is being made for FOX, which I'm not sure is a good thing, but at least the pilot is being directed by the absolute best tv director out there David Nutter. I'm excited to see this on the small screen. I think it could be extremely cool. But a lot of that will also depend on who they get to play John Connor; as ultimately while the show may be driven by his mother, the really interesting thing to watch will be the transformation of John and how he grows into being a reluctant leader.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought that the girl who played Tara in Buffy the Vampire Slayer would be a great choice to play Sarah as she looks an awful lot like Linda H

Geoff said...

Hey memphis, I've really been enjoying your blog. it's really awesome.

As for this girl, I havent watched enough Buffy to know her but, I loooked her WIKI up, and shes smoking. And yes looks a fair bit like LH... kinda like if LH were really hot and young. Good call.