Thursday, November 16, 2006

Gateau of shame...

I am not happy. I just made honestly one of the ugliest cakes ever created. I mean look at that thing! I had three colors of food coloring, and I not enough frosting to risk mixing them. So what do i end up with? bright yellow, neon pink, and boring blue. That weird little yellow man... That's supposed to be a monkey, yes a monkey! I have little artistic talent I know, but man. A monkey?! WTF did i draw? I mean that look like some sort of twisted little yellow happy man. He's no monkey. What's that weird thing he's holding you ask? why its a balloon. isn't it obvious? Look at the writing. Seriously I must be drinking stupid juice. Happy in cursive, B- Day because I couldn't fit birthday, and then ERICA all in caps. What happened to my 8th grade English grammar skills? And I know you can't see it that well, but up in the top left corner is a big yellow blob. That was supposed to be a nice yellow rose corner decoration, but it put it too close to the edge and it started to fall off, so i grabbed it with a knife and pushed it back on. Of course in doing so i ruined the rose design, so i ended up just flattening it out into a circle(ish) sort of shape. I was thinking that hey it could just be the sun. But then I had already used up all the yellow so i didn't have any more for suns rays... You should click on the picture to see it up close, its such a tragedy. The one good decoration is the Tollhouse semi-sweet, and white chocolate chips i put around, I also put a bunch of those into the cake mix, which incidentally is chocolate fudge. I honestly don't know how I'm going to face the party tomorrow with this as my great homemade cake for my girlfriend... so depressing.

2 comments:

waveman said...

mmmh cake!!

piprobins said...

THIS IS THE MOTHERFUCKING FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. EVER. I laughed my ass off.

With a few more yellow legs, it could have been an octopus!