Friday, December 01, 2006

no more Nine?

One of the things I missed while I was on vacation was the news that ABC has pulled The Nine off of their schedule. While they claim it will return sometime in the new year, I think that everyone is pretty much writing it off. And I guess I can understand why

The Nine joins Six Degrees in the off air limbo of the 'probably canceled'. The problem is that both of these shows required a lot of dedicated investment from the viewer right off the bat. And while I watched them both, I found it kind of tiring for the most part. I didn't know the characters well enough to get emotionally involved with them, so I found that for the most part I, like most people I would assume, just didn't care. It's a shame in a way, but neither of these shows had enough cache to grab the audience they needed to succeed right away. And while The Nine was definitely the stronger of the two shows, I'm sorry to see both of them go.

In some semi-related good news, the recently canceled CBS series Smith starring the enigmatic Ray Liotta, is now available for free over at CBS Innertube. All seven produced episodes (4 of them unaired) along with a note from the producers explaining where they hoped the series to go can been seen online. Enjoy.

No comments: