Monday, November 12, 2007

TF2 fake out

In a recent interview with Rotten Tomatoes director Michael Bay said that when news starts coming out for the much anticipated Transformers 2, it might just be more than meets the eye. Ok, technically he never made such a bad pun, that was me, but he did say that he intends to fake out the fanboys.

"We're going to leak a lot of false information all over the place." including fake script treatments and other information, Some of which, one script in particular, is apparently already out there.

I'm not sure exactly why Michael Bay is out to screw with us. Maybe just because he can, and it's fun. I guess I get that. Also, I can see him wanting it to stay as much a surprise as possible. So while I love the Transformers, and plan on talking about "news" that comes out regarding the sequel, we should probably treat the information coming out of that camp as rumor from now on. Frankly, I don't really mind this news, in fact a lot of false information could be kind of fun trying to sort through. I really just want to see more robot ass kicking action. Whatever he does, I have faith in Bay to make another great TF film. So please, bring it on.

Despite the writers strike, and a currently unfinished script, they have progressed enough for some location scouting and visual effects work to be done. Filming is currently scheduled to begin in June of '08.

-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to post this at On Hold website...but for some reason there are no more posts there =(

Anyway,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_versus_Predator_versus_The_Terminator

was surprisingly a good series. The tie in of the two universes was a bit weak, but not too bad.

Mike T.

Geoff said...

Yeah man, I knew that existed somewhere. I haven't read it, but I had heard it was good. I'll definitely have to check it out if I get a chance. Thanks for the tip.