Sunday, November 04, 2007

Wolverine morsels

Care of SHH, in a recent article the New Zealand website Stuff.co.nz has a small tidbit of semi spoilerish info on the Wolverine solo movie which is set to film there come January. Honestly its not a huge thing just cool. But if you don't want ANY spoilers, which really this is the kind of thing you'll see from the trailer probably, then just stop reading...

Ok, still there? good. The film will be set in the 1970s and show us the origins of what we know as the modern Wolverine. I wonder if that might mean a trip to the GreatWhite North. How cool would an Alpha Flight cameo be? or maybe they leave that for the sequel. :) Also, in one very cool sounding scene, a missile will narrowly miss our furry friend and explode a barn! That should be a cool effect. I'm trying to think of a barn exploding in a movie, and its escaping me, but hey, I'm sure it'll be sweet. Really most things exploding are pretty sweet, so I look forward to this. Oh, and one more thing I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but Liev Schreiber is apparently in final talks to play William Stryker, the role played to perfection by Brian Cox in X2.

Cool deal for Wolverine. I hope this movie rocks my socks . This weekend I watched director Gavin Hood's previous film Tsotsi, and was completely blown away. It is absolutely incredible, and I highly recommend it. :)

-

No comments: