Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Instant album cover

This is a fun little art project if you have a minute. I saw this on Pop Candy, but the idea comes from this blog here. Welcome to the CD Cover Meme. Here's what you do to create your very own album:

quotationspage.com/random.php3
Click on the link above. Scroll down to the bottom and copy down the last four words of the last quote. That's your album title.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
Click the link above. The title of the article is you band name.

http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
Finally click above. the third photo is your album cover.

Now just put it all together and see what you've got :) Here are three CD covers that I made. I think they all look fairly believable.


Original photo found HERE.


Original photo found HERE.


Original photo found HERE.

Pretty cool eh? I know I only used three words on two of the covers, but it just made more sense. And basically I think this proves that all cool sounding bands really need is a good dose of haphazardness. Try it out and let me know what you get in the comments. :)
-

No comments: