Monday, June 02, 2008

Apatow and Sandler

Judd Apatow is all set to direct his next movie, its only his third one people. This time out he plans to feature his good friend and one time roommate Adam Sandler as his lead in what I think 'could' be a rebirth of Sandler's career. I mean if anyone has the golden touch right now in terms of fans and critics it's Apatow. And basically no one in Hollywood is more bankable than Adam Sandler despite the continued crap fest of films. Zohan anyone?! Anyhow, these two comics teaming up for a movie incidentally about comics sounds like a good plan to me.

According to reports, the film will be about a couple of stand up comedians trying to make it big, and will also feature Apatows usual cast of Seth Rogen... et all. Apatow has said it will actually be much more of a drama than his previous, purely comedic efforts (40 Year Old Virgin, and Knocked Up). "It's a comedy, but it has more drama in it. A hilarious drama is what I'm going for," Apatow said. "Every movie, I'm trying to find a way to go deeper, to tell stories about subjects that are important and make them less and less broad while making them equally as funny. [This film is] another step in that progression." Id this a good, or bad sign though?

We'll have to wait and see what becomes of this movie. I'm not getting my hopes up yet, but hey you never know...
-

No comments: