Saturday, June 14, 2008

Kasdan on Robotech

Last September it was reported that the beloved 80s anime property, and one of my all time favorites, Robotech was coming to the big screen with Tobey Maguire and his production company behind the wheel. Since then there hasn't been too much news on development of the project, that is until now. Over at CHUD they are reporting from a reliable source that rumor has it none other than Lawrence Kasdan is taking on the script duties for the film!

Kasdan of course, is one of the most beloved screenwriters of our time penning classics like The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Body Heat, The Big Chill, Silverado, and a bunch more. He has a pedigree that could do wonders for getting the ball rolling on the Robotech movie. I certainly hope this rumor proves true, because I am really looking forward to a Robotech film.

So this is great news in my book, I'm looking forward to more development on this one.
-

No comments: