Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Blade: The Series


So I've been watching Blade: The Series from Spike for the past two weeks. If you haven't heard this is an hour long tv show that follows the continuing adventures of your favorite vampire hunter and mine, from the fairly popular film series starring Wesley Snipes; Blade.

Check out the www.blademovies.com fansite and the Spike official page for more info. You'll have to go through the Spike page (damn non-linkable Flash sites) to find their Blade sub page, but it looks like they have some interesting behind the scenes stuff there.

Of course the show doesn't star Snipes; instead they got the Raptor (that's a new word I just made up combining Rapper and Actor; keep saying it and spread the love...) Sticky Fingaz; billed on the show for some kind of attempt at credibility as Kirk "Sticky" Jones. IMDB. I kid here, but I really shouldn't because he honestly is pretty damn good as Blade. I just find it funny that he’s tryin’ to go legit. haha.

Anyhow, I have to say I'm enjoying the show so far, if you liked the film series check it out. I actually haven't watched either of them on tv either. I went and downloaded them off iTunes, and if you're at all interested you should go do the same. Why you ask? Well they've got the Pilot up for FREE. Exactly, go check it out. It may be kind of silly yes, but really it's no worse than a James Bond film. And the action is pretty good. Also its cable, so you'll get the occasional swear word or steamy scene to spice things up :) We'll see if they can keep me interested throughout the season, and if I continue to watch it on my ipod, for $1.99 a pop, but at least from these first 2 episodes I will definitely recommend it.

PS - ooooh sorry, just checked and iTunes isn't offering the Pilot for free anymore. It's $1.99 like all the rest. But still I'l say check it out. Espeicially the Pilot (which is an hour and a half actually). I think it's still worth it. Later.

No comments: