Thursday, July 06, 2006

Hollywoodland


So with all the Superman news about lately there's a new film coming out in September (on the 8th I believe) called Hollywoodland. It tells a dramatized version (meaning it's based on a true story) of the investigation into the suspicious death of George Reeves, who was the actor first to portray the role of Superman. It stars Ben Affleck as George Reeves, and Adrian Brody as Louis Simo the detective charged with investigating the death, which may or may not have been foul play. It costars Diane Lane, and Bob Hoskins. I'm not saying right yet that I'm actually excited by this film, but it is very intriguing. I really like pretty much everything I've seen Adrian Brody in, and the story itself is very interesting.

Check out the trailer which just hit the web today right HERE
As the official site isn't up yet you can read something about the film on the WIKI

I was surprised to learn that Hollywood was indeed originally called Hollywoodland, or at least the big famous sign used to read that. Also, I'll say I think Affleck is a good choice for a role like this; I honestly believe he has talent, it's just he needs a good story or director to bring it out of him. Anyhow, check the trailer and let me know what you think.

Oh and one more note. Warner was apparently adamant, to the point of threatening legal action that there are no trademark infringements in this film. So no S-shield on Supes chest no red cape (I think they changed the hue). And of course that's the reason this film is not entitled Superman, or some variation thereof. Total dick move if you ask me. They should've been the ones behind the film from the start. Hollywood politics are really lame.

No comments: