Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Santa Cruz Wrap-up

BlogBlogBlog….

Hi people, I’m back Bloggier than ever. Santa Cruz was great. A really nice time to get away. And we were with some very fun friends, so everything went smoothly. I’m not going to go into super crazy detail or anything, but there were a few things that I must mention.It was a very active vacation. I went running three times, and one of them was very intense, for like almost an hour along the seawall up on a cliff. I also went rollerblading three times, and for the most part learned to stop myself. I say for the most part because I tried to blade around town yesterday when we got home, and seriously almost died like a million times… But that said, I definitely got better at blading and have really started to break in the blades. Also, I played Ultimate Frisbee with a bunch of people on the beach. I know that might not sound like much, but trust me, it was a lot for me :)

Aside from all that active goodness, I spent time hanging out at the beach, lazing around the house, watched a very bad movie called London which you can read about on my Flixter page, spent time in the hot tub, read a very fun trade paperback called Superman: Our Worlds at War, and another comic, a great French noir crime story called Blacksad. Maybe I’ll review those on the blog here. We also, had a very fun bonfire on the beach, and watched some small fireworks. Oh and there wasa bit of drinking involved too. Finally though, and really most importantly I spent some great time hanging out with friends. We’re kind of a weird mish mash of international people, and we have our foibles, but ultimately I’ve got a pretty great group of people around. Most especially my girlfriend.

Ok, enough sappiness, Santa Cruz is a beautiful holiday beach town. If you haven’t been there and you get the chance go check it out, I wouldn’t want to live there or anything but it was totally a good place for a vacation. And renting a nice big house was definitely the way to go. Around this you'll see some pics from the trip, it really was a great time. Oh and with that one beach shot below, no, we weren’t in the middle of all that craziness, out beach wasn’t nearly as crowded. Definitely a fun time all around.

No comments: