Monday, October 29, 2007

Wanted pics

I know I haven't talked about Wanted here, and I'm not really sure why. I think I had something against the comic book maybe, although I can't really figure out what that could be seeing as I've never read it... hmmm. Anyhow, Wanted is a new film starring James McAvoy as Wes, a typical cubicle monkey who is one day offered the opportunity to seek bloody revenge for the murder of his father, who was a super-villain assassin. Wes is invited by his father's former partner Sloan, head of The Fraternity, a secret society of bad ass superheroes (Morgan Freeman), to follow in his father's footsteps. Sloan's second-in-command Fox (Angelina Jolie) mentors Wes. The Fraternity, which uses powers of lightning reflexes, and super speed, follows the death orders issued by the Fates, weavers who read individuals' destinies in fabrics produced by mystical looms.

Empire Online recently snagged the first official photos from the film, and wow, pretty cool. Check out this amazing shot of Morgan Freeman as the Leader of the Fraternity, a man obviously with some serious power. And go over to Empire to see a bunch of other pics, including a few featuring the lovely Ms Jolie.


Watch for a trailer to Wanted to drop sometime next week as it's reported to be attached to prints of the awesome looking Ridley Scott film American Gangster. Wanted is set for release March 28th, '08.

-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to this. Love movies like this.