Monday, October 30, 2006

Halloween comes together

So I'm feeling better about Halloween now. I went out on Sunday and picked up a costume, for only $30 as opposed to $50. Unfortunately it's no ninja suit, but it's definitely passable. I'm going to be a cowboy for Halloween. I was thinking at first about being a sheriff but I couldn't find a cowboy hat I liked so knowing that I need more than a shirt and six shooter I've decided to wrap a bandanna around my face like I'm an old west robber. The costumes not great, but it's not as bad as it could have been, and $30 is a livable price.

Also my plan as it stands now is to go out to The Castro for the street party, and I'm sure cowboys will be popular there; in a Brokeback kind of way. I'm glad I'm planning on going this year. I've lived here for almost 3 years now and haven't ever been to it. But it really is a fairly renowned party, and I feel like it's an experience I should have. Also there's the concern that it might not be around forever, as every year it's gotten more and more rowdy, with scattered violence and actually a few 'bashings' last year. There's word that the cops might be shutting the party down, and clearing the streets by midnight. Seeing as it's a Tuesday night though, and I will have to work the next morning I'm not overly concerned if it's a bit of an early evening. I think it should be a good time regardless.

I carved a pumpkin, and set up a few decorations around the house on Sunday also. So yeah, maybe this isn't turning into the biggest Halloween ever, but I think it's come together alright for what it is in the end.

No comments: