Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Trailer Watch

There's a couple awesome new trailers over at Apple.com that I think you guys might want to check out.

There's a new trailer out for Eragon that is completely awesome. It's the one listed as Trailer 1, and it's finally got me thinking that maybe, just maybe Eragon can be something pretty good. Watching the other advertisement, and I don't mean this disrespectfully, but the one with Jeremy Irons and John Malkovich being so fantasy film cliched, it just reminds me a bit too much of like Ladyhawke meets Dungeons & Dragons. This new trailer though has no dialogue, just that great swelling score, and lots of badass dragon shots. Check it out.

I only mention the trailer to Pan's Labyrinth in case you've been living under an cyber rock and don't know the dark beauty of this absolutely amazing looking film yet. If you are in the dark so to speak, stop it, go watch this trailer now. Personally this (along with The Fountain) is my most anticipated film of the Xmas season. I don't even know how to describe how much in love with this trailer I am though. It's just that cool.

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is one of those out of nowhere films that is so morbidly fascinating you can't help but gape at it. The trailer is creepy, and disturbing, and kind of sickly beautiful, It has that same disturbed feel as From Hell, which I loved at least the look of, and the main actor, Ben Whishaw, although I can't place if I've ever actually seen him before is so familiar and creepy/interesting looking that I definitely think I will have to see this film. The trailer says it all.

Also worth checking is the trailer for Bobby. It's intriguing not only in that it is a film directed by Emelio Estavez but that it attracted such an amazing ensemble cast. The subject matter is fascinating, and I suspect the film will be quite good, assuming it isn't overshadowed by the cast. It features Harry Belafonte, Nick Canon, Laurence Fishbourne, Heather Graham, Anthony Hopkins, Helen Hunt, Josh Jackson, Ashton Kutchner, Shia LaBeouf, Lindsay Lohan, William H Macy, Demi Moore, Freddy Rodriguez, Martin Sheen, Christian Slater, Sharon Stone, Elijah Wood, of course Estavez himself, and a host of others. Pretty impressive.

The last trailer that I wanted to recommend to you is for Harsh Times, it stars Christian Bale as a meth head psycho Iraq war vet returned to his home (somewhere like East LA). He is about to be recruited into Homeland Security, which is scary enough, but he is loosing it the whole time. Total taxi driver style. This is another in a line of quasi-indie Christian Bale films that probably won't do super well at the box office, but fuck does it look intense. Just go check it out.

That's all for today's trailer watch. Lates.

No comments: