Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I <3 TV On The Radio


I know I mentioned these guys a couple of posts ago, but I'm still just so super impressed with this band called TV On The Radio. Their sound is just so unique, I'm really digging it. Not quite The Postal Service, and not quite straight alt-rock. They're working the same kind of vibe you get when listening to The Flaming Lips. Check out this sweet live vid of them performing their song Dreams with Trent Reznor and Peter Murphy. Great song, super cool video, I can't believe so few people are in the audience, and is it just me or is Trent Reznor more and more David Bowie-esque in more recent years... Great stuff however you look at it. Check out TV On the Radio on MySpace to hear some more of their songs, I'd really recommend Staring at the Sun, and Wolf Like Me. Just fantastic songs.



UPDATE - after some debate with Devon and a search around on Wikipedia, it seems that I had it wrong before. So Peter Murphy is the guy who I thought sounds like David Bowie, the guy with his back to the camera for most of the video is Trent Reznor, and the black singer is Tunde Adebimpe, the main main from TVOTR. Sorry for that confusion.

3 comments:

imohany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Nifty redesign.

Geoff said...

thanks :)