Tuesday, April 08, 2008

North Wind on the screen

Boom Studios comic North Wind has reportedly been picked up for development to the big screen by Davis Entertainment. I've never heard of North Wind, but it sounds damn cool. According to Hollywood Reporter, "the story takes place in a futuristic Los Angeles, years after global warming has created a new ice age. Most survivors live under the ice and are ruled by a dictator who exiles some citizens to the harsh environment outdoors. His cruel actions cause one of the exiles to lead a revolution." Sounds kinda like maybe, 12 Monkeys meets The Postman, meets Zardoz.... neat.

Only 3 actual issues of the comic have come out so far (don't you love how fast Hollywood works?), and while people seems to say you can read them for free at myspace.com/comicbooks I know I haven't been able to navigate my way to them. If you can figure it out let me know in the comments. I'd like to check em out.

Anywhichway, North Wind sounds pretty cool. Hopefully it will come together just right.
-

No comments: