Friday, April 18, 2008

A reason to watch BET

BET (black entertainment television) recently held their 'upfront' presentation in New York, and they had one awesome announcement that might actually induce me, an extremely white geeky guy, to watch. They have reportedly struck a deal with my beloved Marvel comics to bring an animated Black Panther series to life.

No other details are really known at this point, although the show is apparently being redied for the '08-'09 season. I wonder if it will be the same Panther we saw recently in the Ultimate Avengers 2 direct to dvd movie. I actually hope so, because I thought that storyline was excellent.

For those of you that might not know, although there have been a few different Panthers over the year, the generally accepted most popular and seen one is T'Challa, prince of the Bantu tribe in the small fictional African country of Wakanda. The Black Panther has enhanced senses, agility, strength and perception. He has also had an on again off again relationship with and in The Avengers and basically all around kicks ass.

There was, and has been a rumor for a few years now that Wesley Snipes wants to star in a feature film take on the character. Maybe a successful animated show will kick that off finally. I hope this show is awesome, I'm definitely looking forward to it.
-

No comments: