Saturday, March 08, 2008

The end of the world will be furry

When I was in 5th grade I wrote this story about how the arctic animals gained super-intelligence and turned on the humans of the world. I think it was really the multitude of polar bear and moose attacks I was interested in exploring that drove me to write it. I thought it was great, and actually so did my classmates. The story actually got printed in the school yearbook that year, on the "artwork" page. Very cool, I know. The only bad part about it was that pretty much right after I wrote the story someone told me that penguins actually live at the South Pole not the North... which made me feel pretty stupid.

Anyhow, it looks like the film industry is once again ripping off my ideas as Columbia Pictures has just picked up the rights to the screenplay Animals. Which is a contemporary story that chronicles what happens when all the worlds animals turn on humans and take back the planet.

I tell you people, it could really happen. We'll see how this film develops in the coming months.
-

No comments: