Sunday, March 23, 2008

Snake Eyes revealed

Two absolutely kickass pictures of Snake Eyes from the new G.I. Joe film have been released, and they are awesome. Ray Park plays the man in black and I think everyone can agree, he looks spot on perfect in the suit. Check these out, and click to enlarge...





As a comparison just check out this picture of the comic version of snake eyes. Obviously the first pic above is trying and succeeding admirably, of basically duplicating this pose. very sweet. In this recent article on the film, The USA Today interviewed director Stephen Sommers on the character and he said "He's the world's greatest ninja, but he's also next-generation. He's not afraid to use a sword one second, and a split-second later he's pulling out his Glock," and "His chief nemesis is arguably the world's other great ninja, Storm Shadow. The two grew up together, were blood brothers and now are mortal enemies."

I know I can't wait to see what Storm Shadow looks like, and with Lee Byung-hun, who as far as I can understand it, is the Korean equivalent of George Clooney, set in the role I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be too long.

G.I. Joe is shaping up very well, I am so stoked that this is coming together finally. Can't wait for whats next :) The movie doesn't come out though, until August 7th, 2009.... The waiting game is on.
-

No comments: