Tuesday, March 25, 2008

the new Nowhere Man

Ahh Nowhere Man, a television series remembered by few, but I'll wager, beloved by all those that saw it. It only lasted one season back in 1995, but it was all around excellent. The show starred Bruce Greenwood, as a man who found himself unexpectedly at the center of a huge conspiracy to 'erase' his entire life. Its a great show, and now on dvd, and I really recommend you check it out. And today Variety reported that there is a new Nowhere Man in the works... Although my hopes were high for a few fleeting moments, it unfortunately has nothing at all to do with the old one. I suppose it's just a solid title. sigh...

That said, this Nowhere Man doesn't sound too bad though. It's being brought to us in comic book form for now, by Hugh Jackman, Marc Guggenheim (creator of Eli Stone), and Virgin Comics. Much of the plot is being kept under wraps but its being likened to I Am Legend and features a future society "where mankind has traded privacy for safety".

The comic is expected to be just the first of many media fronts for Nowhere Man. I mean what kind of a comic being developed by Hugh Jackman isn't destined for the big screen?! Although as the article suggests Virgin may wan to develop the title first into a video game or some other form of entertainment. I think assuming it's any good at all, we can plan see this story in all its potential cinematic glory, starring Hugh Jackman, one day in the not to distant future.

And I definitely give my kudos to Hugh Jackman on this one. He's made a great name for himself in comic book movies. Why not go right to the source and make the comics himself? Here's hoping Nowhere Man, in all it's incarnations, is a winner.
-

No comments: