Sunday, March 23, 2008

Iron Man and Wolverine toon update

Both Iron Man the animated series and Wolverine and the X-men have found a home. Nickelodeon will air both series exclusively starting in the first quarter of '09. 26 glorious episodes of animated goodness will be broadcast for each series and I have to say I'm definitely excited. Despite the lackluster performance and storytelling in the recent Fantastic Four cartoon, I love it when superheroes hit the small screen, and cartoons with heroes can be really great. We'll have to wait and see how these two turn out. For it's part, I will say I've been digging the solidly written new Spectacular Spider-Man animated series. With episode 4 having just aired this weekend its turning out very cool and fun. I hope these new toons can continue the trend. Oh and check this pic out. I don't know if I've seen any actual pictures of the Iron Man cartoon yet. Pretty interesting style. It's not what I was expecting at all, but I think that could be a really good thing. Hopefully we'll get more on these two shows before next year, because I am eager to see how they approached these characters for myself.

-

No comments: