Thursday, May 22, 2008

City of Ember trailer

City of Ember is a new film coming out this October. Check out this wonderful trailer. I think it looks like a lot of fun.




I love stories like this. A culture lost in time, being forced to face a new, or forgotten reality. It reminds me of this great Arthur Clarke novel I read once, whose name is escaping me, where the characters were all like 20th generation descendants of seed ship colonists who had reverted to hunter / gathers and never realizing that they were still on the space ship heading for a new planet. City of Ember looks like a fun film. It's the kind of thing I would love as a teenager. It's young adult sci fi, and we need more of that. The movie will be released on October 10th, 2008.


-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait for this movie to open on October 10th. The trailer looks so exciting, a race against time to save an under ground city from darkness forever. I love that Tom Hanks and New Walden Media have decided to make a live action/adventure out this great book series. The underlying theme of energy conservation is very appropriate for the world today; this could not come out soon enough in my opinion.

My name is Blair and I am an official ambassador for City of Ember and I have access to first-look pics of the movie not seen in the trailer, which I would be more than happy to share with you. I would love to have your help spreading the word about City of Ember and get the buzz going!

I hope I’m not over stepping any bounds by posting on your blog.
Hope to speak with you soon.

Best,
Blair Landon
Official Ambassador