Friday, May 23, 2008

Red Dawn for Robocop

Two of the greatest movies ever are on the cusp of being brought back to life and I'm just not sure how to take it. They are seminal films of our youth and and never be replaced. Should they even be updated? I have doubts, but it definitely is exciting news. Because Red Dawn and Robocop are both in the works to be remade.

MGM has the rights to both films, and at Cannes this year they let slip their plans for these two classics. It sounds like the remakes, especially Robocop might just be in the early planning stages now because no other details were revealed.

Is this a good idea or a bad one? I'm still on the fence. I think Red Dawn is definitely due for a remake. Wolverines!!!! but who will it be about, obviously not the Russians... Can it even put put into a modern setting. And as for Robocop. Well as much as I love him, there have been a number of miniseries, made for tv movies, and even a cartoon about him; and none of them have really commercially succeeded. Can it still fly with the kids? I lean towards yes, Its just gotta be cool. Cool and badass.

More on both of these projects as it's revealed.
-

No comments: