Friday, May 23, 2008

Flash Gordon: The revenge

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Columbia Pictures has acquired the big screen rights to Flash Gordon, and has designs to bring the iconic pulp hero back to the silver screen with Breck Eisner, son of Michael and director of Sahara, to direct and Neal Moritz set to produce. As of now no writers or story direction have been announced and frankly I'm a bit worried.

Even though Sci Fi has as much as admitted that they didn't treat the franchise with the respect it deserved in their recent and ultimately abysmal series, (can't find the story where I read that now of course). And I for one still have a bad taste in my mouth for Flash. Something about the character just smacks of cheesiness to me, and no matter how much I love that Queen song can this property really hold my interest? I have serious doubts.

More on this as it develops.
-

No comments: