Thursday, July 17, 2008

9 to theaters

In a case of one thing I wasn't familiar with leading to a whole other thing I hadn't ever heard of, I feel compelled to mention 9 again. As I just discovered by doing a little web surfing, 9, which is set to become a feature length film produced by Tim Burton, is based on a 2005 Academy Award nominated short animated film of the same name.

The new film which will be directed by, the originals creator and director Shane Acker, will be a CG animated film, but will have the signature Tim Burton look of claymation. The voice cast for the film includes the likes of Elijah Wood, Jennifer Connelly, Christopher Plummer, and John C. Riley. But I know what you're saying still.. .What the heck is the plot?! Well instead of that, why don't you just watch the original short film. It's only 10 minutes long and right here :)



If you can't won't or don't want to watch... well that's too bad, its a really neat little film. According to the wikipedia page for the feature film "9 takes place in a world parallel to our own, in which the very legacy of humanity is threatened. A group of sapient rag dolls, living a post-apocalyptic existence find one of their own, 9, who displays leadership qualities that may help them to survive. The conflicted, but resilient group includes 1, a domineering war veteran; 2, an aged inventor; 5, a stalwart mechanic; 6, a visionary and artist; and 7, a brave warrior."

So if you did watch the film above, you'll see that is a bit different than that description. Not entirely, but a bit. Anyhow, I just saw all that and thought it was cool, so I knew I had to share it. Hope you enjoyed. I know I did.

The film is scheduled to come out around Christmas time this year.
-

No comments: