Monday, July 14, 2008

Mutant Chronicles

Man, now here's a property I can get behind. And its not just because I've never heard of it before... Mutant Chronicles is an upcoming movie, no release date yet but will reportedly be late '08, that's based on a steampunk tabletop RPG of the same name. I think it sounds awesome, and looks even better.



If for some reason you couldn't tell, that was Hellboy himself Ron Perlman, alongside Thomas Jane, and more. The movie is directed by Simon Hunter, who I have never heard of, but I really love the look. Over at Latino Review they have an excellent extended plot synopsis as well, but I'll leave that for you to head over and read if you like. I think the trailer speaks for itself.

For a basic breakdown of whats happening though, according to wikipedia, "The story is set in the year 2707. The film's version of the world of the Mutant Chronicles role-playing game, where nearly everything is powered by steam, mankind has exhausted Earth’s natural resources. Four corporations have taken over the world in which they are constantly at war with one another" "During a battle between two of the corporate forces, an ancient machine is unburied and mutants swarm the world. A team of unlikely heroes set off to destroy the machine and save mankind."

Pretty cool stuff, I love when films like this just turn up out of left field.
-

No comments: