Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Alice cast?

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Tim Burton may have found his lead for the planned Burtonized Alice in Wonderland, in young Australian actress Mia Wasikowska.

Mia, who is in talks for the role, has started to make a name for herself on the show All Saints, and now HBOs In Treatment. Of course these are two shows I have never seen. But I've no doubt Burton wouldn't hire someone on who wasn't up to his caliber. Also, she recently wrapped playing a young Amelia Earhart to Hilary Swank in an upcoming biopic. So I think that we can safely say her star is on the rise.

I for one, can't wait to see what Tim Burton has in store for us with this one though. As previously reported the film will use new 3-D techniques, and be a combination of digital animated creature capture and live action. I fully expect something totally crazy.

Fingers crossed Burton delivers.
-

No comments: