Monday, July 14, 2008

Day the Earth Stood Still trailer

I missed posting this last week, so in case you missed watching it, now you should definitely check out the trailer for the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still, starring Keanu Reeves.



Oh my... what do you think? I think I'm of two minds on this after seeing the trailer. On one hand, its horrible and sacrilege, and all that other stuff, and on the other of course I'm intrigued. I suppose that's what they want. I guess a part of me just wishes that they would stop making remakes, or at least stop calling them remakes. Why not call this a new film that was inspired by the original DTESS? Ah well, I guess I just don't know from marketing. If you're interested be sure to check out this MTV Movies Blog interview with the films director where he talks about the trailer, some of their decisions on where to take the update, and how to address the issue of Gort. It's interesting stuff.

The Day the Earth Stood Still comes out December 8th, 2008.
-

No comments: