Friday, July 18, 2008

Iron Man toon trailer and movie writer

In various Iron Man news today, Marvel has launched the trailer for the new cartoon series, subtitled Armored Adventures. The trailer is definitely not what I was expecting. It finds us with a teenaged Tony Stark fighting crime with the help of his high school buddies Jim Rhodes and Pepper Potts. Very odd. Also the animation is a bit, stylized I guess is a word for it. It actually reminds me a bit of the 2003 Spider-Man series made by MTV. Check out the trailer HERE.

Interesting eh? I'm not totally sold on it, but I'll definitely give it a chance when it shows up on Nickelodeon next Spring. Marvel has a bit of a feature online about the new series and its direction that you might find interesting as well. I'll definitely grant that the design for The Mandarin is superb. I think for now I'm just a bit put off with the teenage Tony Stark. Maybe I just need time for it to grow on me.

Onto the next movie, while a deal with director Jon Favreau is still pending, Iron Man 2 now officially has a writer on board. Tropic Thunder scribe, Justin Theroux has been hired on to pen the script. And if Marvel intends it to have this ready to shoot and have in theaters by 2010 Theroux better get to work really quick. And while we don't know what the plot specifically will be about, rumor at the moment suggest something along the Demon in a Bottle storyline. Ultimately though, we'll have to wait and see. Still, this is good news.
-

No comments: