Sunday, July 27, 2008

Two not for theater movie trailers

So in the effort to make sure you see all of the videos and trailers launched this week, be they comic con related or not here are the trailers for some movies that you won't see in theaters.

The first is for Afro Samurai: Resurrection, its going to air on Spike TV in January of '09. This is obviously a follow up to Spike's successful first season of Afro Samurai. The titular character is voiced by Sam Jackson, and Resurrection is slated to feature the additional talents of Lucy Liu and Mark Hamill. Of course the music is all still being done by RZA. The story for Resurrection is said to follow Liu's character as she tries to raise the Afro Samurai's father from the grave to lead an army of the undead. Check out the trailer below. It's pretty badass.



You know the more I look at this and the wiki page... I'm not actually sure this is a movie. I think it s actually a series. hmmm. Just not totally sure on that one. Although I suppose it doesn't really matter at this point. Oh well.

The next movie is for what I believe will be a direct to dvd release, Resident Evil: Degeneration. This is exactly what it seems, a full length animated film set in the Resident Evil world. Its an original story and stars a number of characters from the various different RE games. Check out the trailer.



Honestly, I'm down with it all until that last ridiculous monster shows up. Is that supposed to be scary?! No word on release date yet for us westerners. Before Xmas I'm sure though. Sigh... I'll see it I guess; I'm just not sure I'll like it.
-

No comments: